Due to the existing COVID-19 situation, ‘a third of the global population’ (businessinsider.com) is under a lockdown situation. In Nepal too, with the detection of second COVID-19 infected patients, the government announced a nationwide lockdown on 23rd March 2020 to be effective from 24th March 2020 6 AM onwards. Until today, this lockdown is effective. This has given rise to working remotely – work from home.
Amidst this pandemic situation, a team in Nepal working together to develop the proposal for the funding cycle 2021-2024 to the Global Fund and revision process of three diseases (HIV, TB, and Malaria) also decided to work from home by the meeting held on 3rd April 2020. The very meeting was also held virtually. Since then, all the country dialogue processes as part of proposal development are being held virtually:
- Core task team meeting – 03-04-2020;
- Updated National Networks to conduct virtual consultation at the community level – 04-04-2020;
- Discussion and Update on NHSP Revision – 08-04-2020
- A follow-up meeting with National Networks of virtual consultation at community – 09-04-2020;
- TB Task Team Meeting – 10-04-2020 (this task team meeting was initially planned for 27th March but postponed due to lockdown);
And finally, consultation at the community has started virtually from 13th April 2020:
- NANGAN conducted consultation at Sudurpaschim Province on 13-04-2020;
- JMMS conducted consultation at Bagmati Province on 14-04-2020
P.S. The latest updates will be posted continuously.